Do you like weeknight dinner? It is an easy, busy and quick recipe-based dish. This lush cheese quesadilla is super crispy with wonderful flavors. For which the world is crazy at this time. Also, there is no fixed time for this. You can eat it for brunch, and you can also have it as an appetizer at night.
Are you one of those people who are desirous to know the secret of its perfect flavors? So, cooking quesadillas in the air fryer creates a myriad of flavors. As an air fryer is such a gadget that cooks the meal by circulating hot air instead of direct flame.
And hot air is much better than flame. As it is the only medium that enhances the flavors in a dish along with its proper cooking. Like, it makes a filling combination of tastes. Which makes it an absolutely flavorful Mexican classic dish. Also, it makes the dish lighter.
What Is Cheese Quesadilla?
People! A quesadilla is a delicious dish that comes from the combination of two extraordinary ingredients. The first one is tortilla, and the second one is cheese. You can easily buy these elements. But you can make them yourself if you don’t like the frozen taste.
For example, making tortillas in an air fryer is suitable enough for this recipe. As well as the cheese air fryer has a fantastic taste. So, try to make these ingredients at home instead of buying ready mate. You can serve this cheese-based recipe as a starter or side dish.
It can never be served as a main course. As it is light on your stomach. There is no doubt that its ingredients are healthy, but their use is limited. It can be quickly eaten by everyone, from youngsters to children.
As vegetables are healthy for kids, quesadillas are loaded with veggie filling. Plus, it has every layer of cheese, meat and even beans. And these elements are tasty enough. For which, everyone demands.
Demanding ingredients for our recipe!
Changing the ingredients in any recipe is like changing the whole dish. But the special thing of quesadilla is that you can add anything to it according to your taste. But that element should be a spice. Like, you can make it a little spicier or sweeter according to your taste buds.
But you cannot replace other components. Otherwise, you won’t get the perfect flavors. So, purchase these ingredients.
- Firstly, you need to have a 160g flour tortilla. It should be 4-8 inches in length. You can easily buy it from the market. Well, this is a very healthy ingredient. Which is rich in protein, fat and vitamins. But we recommend using corn tortillas. It goes well with other components due to its crisp taste.
- Secondly, 2 grams per cup of Colby jack cheese must be used. You can also use shredded cheese. Even, you can make a combination of different cheeses. For example, a mixture of Mexican and mozzarella cheeses has mild, juicy flavors. So, you are free to choose the cheese of your choice.
- Thirdly, take 1 tablespoon of olive oil. You can also use cooking oil spray. But they are not working effectively. Along with this, this oil is also very beneficial for health. As such, it treats heart problems and smooth blood flow.
- Fourthly, buy 55 grams of chicken breast. This ingredient is essential in our recipe. As such, it gives a unique crunchy touch to the outer dough. Apart from this, chicken consumption also reduces the risk of cancer. Moreover, it is perfect for obese people who want to lose fat.
- Fifthly, go for ¼ cup of small bell pepper. These peppers must be chopped. It has a delightful bitter and grassy flavor. That gives a different taste to your dish. Also, this component improves your eye vision. And supports your digestive system.
- Sixth, choose 1/8 cup red onion. It tastes very crispy. People who like spicy food will love this element. It is very useful for hair growth. While it also controls the swelling of different parts of the body. Its inflammation is not only external but also deals with the inflammation of the veins.
- Next, you need 1/3 cup of refried beans. Professionals often use it in a variety of dishes. It tastes like fresh lime juice. It makes your dish look impressive. Moreover, it is low in fat. This quesadilla makes a lightweight meal.
- Always remember to use ¼ cup of mushrooms and pepperoni. Both of these have a combination of sweet and salty flavors. That cut the extra spice of the recipe. Moreover, it decreases the sodium intake in your body. Which stimulates the body’s guts and knees.
- Also, take ¼ cup curry powder and cayenne pepper. Curry powder enhances the flavor of vegetables and chicken. In contrast, cayenne pepper improves the texture of the dough. And it helps balance out the crunch on the chicken.
- Lastly, add salsa verde and adobo sauce. Like, the first ingredient has a tangy flavor. At the same time, the second one has Mexican tastes respectively. In short, both provide an Italian touch to your entire recipe.
Marinating the chicken!
You do not need to worry about this stage. The chicken seasoning maximum takes 5 minutes. This seasoning is very common as we do in orange chicken. You just pay attention to the measurement of each ingredient. So, firstly, you need two bowls. One is for making the spicy mixture, and the other is for seasoning.
Just take a bowl and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it. And swirl the bowl so that the oil spreads all over the bowl. Then, take the red onions in it. After that, use mushrooms and pepperoni in the mixture. Later, add curry powder and refried beans.
Further, mix the salsa verde and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Then add small bell pepper and Colby jack cheese to the mixture. You can also use any other cheese according to your choice. Lastly, sprinkle the adobe sauce above all the material.
Now, blend the mixture very well with a blender. You can also use a beater or mixing spoon. After that, take another bowl. Place chicken in it. Apply this prepared mixture to the chicken pieces properly. Finally, set the seasoned chicken pieces in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Air frying the cheese quesadillas!
This cooking source is relatively easy to use. You just have to follow some instructions. Firstly, pre-heat your air fryer at 385°F/196°C for 4 minutes. Then, take your marinated chicken pieces out of the refrigerator. And carefully fill them in flour tortillas.
Now, take each tortilla and put it in an air fryer basket. This step needs your full attention. After arranging all the tortillas, change the temperature of air fryer and fix it to 350°F/177°C. And give time for 10 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the tortillas carefully. And cook for 5 minutes again.
Finally, take out the tortillas and set them on a large plate. Your dish is ready. Go and enjoy this recipe!
Why should you make this recipe?
You don’t have to think much to cook this dish. Because no other recipe can give you such excellent flavors. Also, its ingredients are so beneficial that once you eat it. You will want to take it again and again. There are many more reasons for this, some of which we will discuss here.
This dish is very comfortable to cook. As such, you don’t need to season the vegetables in this recipe. All you have to do is marinate the meat. And unlike vegetables, meat is easy to marinate. As such, it does not require the heat for marinating. Whereas vegetables require low-flame heat for seasoning.
Apart from this, you don’t have to do anything special while cooking. Instead, you only have to give the air fryer a specific temperature and time. And the rest of the process is done by the appliance itself.
This recipe takes less time to cook. Because we don’t have to deep fry anything in it. We have to impart a roasting flavor to the quesadilla dough. Apart from this, the Air-fryer is the only kitchen appliance that cooks meals quickly and satisfactorily.
We love the air fryer due to its fast cooking speed. Its pre-heating mechanism mainly contributes to its quick cooking. An air fryer has a small fan. By which the hot air spreads throughout the machine. And when you put a dish in it, the entire air fryer is already heated. It works like fire, but it uses heat rays.
Pick your dearest stuffing:
There are some dishes in which you cannot change the ingredients at all. Even if they are expensive. So, it becomes challenging for you. But you can stuff anything you want in this recipe. But this stuff only has a change of spices or vegetables. You cannot change the meat in this dish. Add your favorite meat either chicken or beef you can marinate it similar to beef steaks.
Because meat is the main element of this dish. So avoid replacing meat with beef or mutton. Otherwise, it totally changes the dish’s nutrients. And you can’t find the exact flavors.
Few dishes are eaten which are flavorful as well as healthy. And today, people prioritize tasty food instead of healthy food. To reduce your difficulty, we have presented this dish. As it is such a snack that has the best variety of flavors as well as healthy ingredients.
This cheese-based dish boosts your immune system. And enhances the digestion process also. Even you can feel a different strength in muscles.
Cooking potatoes has been standard among people for centuries. But cooking it in an air fryer is a modern way. That not only enhances its taste. Instead, it changes the entire look of the quesadillas. Also, an air fryer makes this dish healthier enough.
So, anyone can enjoy this dish. It doesn’t matter if you are young, a child or even an adult. Furthermore, if you can’t afford the ingredients mentioned above. You can use any other element according to your taste and budget. It may not affect your dish.
How can we serve air fryer cheese quesadilla?
You can serve this cheese-based recipe as a starter or side dish. It can never be served as a main course. As it is light on your stomach. There is no doubt that its ingredients are healthy, but their use is limited.
How does an air fryer make the quesadilla a perfect snack?
An air fryer is the best option for cooking quesadilla, like a perfect snack. As you don’t have to do anything special while cooking. Rather, you only have to give the air fryer a specific temperature and time. And the rest of the process is done by the appliance itself.
Marco Bianchi, a culinary virtuoso with a flair for innovation, has made a name for himself as a celebrated chef in the United States. Born with a passion for cooking, Marco’s culinary journey began in his early years, inspired by the diverse flavors and techniques he encountered.