Cooking the eye-round steaks for lunch would be a great choice. And being an air fryer beef dish, it will give you 10 times more delicious palate. An air fryer is a game changer, which not only enhances the flavors. Instead, it also cooks the steaks at a faster speed.
Air frying these round steaks is challenging but best alternative to grilling. As they are prone to burning in grilling. But an air fryer requires a fixed temperature and time. So there is no risk of overcooking in air fryer steaks. Plus, it automatically stops after cooking steaks.
Also, the air fryer needs only limited elements. Due to this, there will be no mess in your kitchen. Furthermore, you don’t even need to use oil in air fryer recipes. As a result, your dishes will not be sticky, and your hands will not be greasy.
What are eye-round steaks?
Eye-round steaks are texture-wise similar to tenderloin. Its shape is oval, which makes its cooking complicated. You have to wait a bit while marinating these steaks. Its texture is a little stiff and takes time to soften.
Whereas square and rectangular shapes take less time to cook. But its seasoning includes superb spices. Which no one can beats. This beef is the cheapest, with outstanding flavors. If you want to make your purchase the best, just take it.
Actually, round steaks have 3 major parts. It includes the top round, the eye round and the bottom round. From this, the top round has a tough texture. People also call it “Top Round London Broil”. Meanwhile, the bottom round is tender and does not need to be seasoned.
This is known as “Bottom Round London Broil”. The third eye is round, which is a little bit tricky. But it can be quickly tendered with spices, especially salt.
Ingredients you need!
Ingredients are the only source that makes the meal flavorful. You need different temperature ranges to get different flavors. If you cook your ingredients at 125°F, they will give you a grilling flavor. Meanwhile, if you cook them at 135°F, they have baking-type tastes.
Similarly, 145°F is used to cook the ingredients at medium rare. And 150°F is used for well-medium air frying. The ingredients for eye round steaks includes::
- Firstly, you need 4 pounds/250 grams of eye-round steaks. That is the main ingredient of the recipe.
- Secondly, add 1 tablespoon of kosher salt. That is relatively less salty as compared to simple salt. Also, it controls the nerve stimulation in the body. And deals with muscle issues also.
- Thirdly, you have to use 2 tablespoons of butter. It tenderizes the meat before seasoning. As well as it makes the crunch more creamy and thick. It is rich in vitamin A and anti-oxidant elements.
- Fourthly, you must use 1 tablespoon of black pepper It is hot by nature. And provides a piney flavor to your steaks. Further, this element is healthy enough. That detoxifies your body and improves the digestion process.
- Fifthly, you should have ½ tablespoon of chopped garlic. That builds a mild crispy as well as sweat flavor in the meal. Along with this, it protects your body from oxidative damage. And control your weight loss.
- Next, add ¼ tablespoon of onion powder. It provides a tangy touch to your dish, making it even better. It also deals with cardiac issues.
- Always use the ½ tablespoon of turbinado sugar. It has a caramel flavor. That is the combo of sweetness and tanginess. It is dehydrated, healthier sugar than regular sugar.
- You should take 1/3 tablespoon of paprika. That contains a delightful peppery taste. Due to its addition, the top crunch of round steaks gets a peppery, fluffy texture.
- Finally, you need 1 tablespoon of canola oil. It has a neutral taste. It balances out all the spices and sweetness in the dish. Also, it controls the body’s cholesterol level. And make the blood flow smooth.
How to season eye-round steaks?
Seasoning and marinating are the same terms. In this phase, you must prepare a marinating material using spices. In this recipe, seasoning takes only 5 minutes. All you have to do is use the spices in exact measurements.
You also need some tools to start this procedure. That consists of two small bowls, one mixing spoon, one tablespoon and a brush. Take one bowl and spread one tablespoon of canola oil or oil spray around it. Then add butter in it. Toss the butter until it melts, then use 1 half tablespoon of chopped garlic.
Further, add all other spices one by one. That includes onion powder, black pepper, kosher salt and turbinado sugar. Use these spices according to our given measurements. Lastly, sprinkle the one-third tablespoon of paprika on the mixture. Whisk the material properly. Th marinating process is quite similar to other beef steaks but flavors will not be same.
After mixing it well, take another bowl. And set the round steaks in that bowl. Take a brush and apply the mixture on the steaks with its help. You can also do this process by hand. But we recommend the use of a brush. It applies the mixture smoothly.
After seasoning all the steaks, keep them at rest in the refrigerator. Try the seasoning process one day before cooking because 24 hours of marinating is perfect.
How to air fry the round steaks?
Guys! Air frying is complicated for beginners. As, 80% of people get confused while cooking the round steaks in an air fryer. Because these steaks are pretty complex as compared to others, you do not need to worry about it. Simply follow our steps as it is:
- Take the round steaks out of the refrigerator. And place on shelve for 10 minutes.
- Preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes. Its temperature range must be 360°F or 183°C.
- Now, set the steaks horizontally in the air fryer. Their lying direction should be from left to right. In case of vertical placement, their edges protrude from the air fryer. So, avoid it.
- Set the time duration for about 10 minutes. And put the basket inside the air fryer.
- Flip all the round steaks after 5 minutes. You can easily observe its golden brown topping. Again, set the basket in an air fryer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take out all the round steaks and set them on your plate. You can also use a heat thermometer to ensure steaks are well cooked.
Now your dish is ready. Set it in a filling tray and enjoy. If you feel a craving for more spice, then add half a tablespoon of chili sauce and garlic ketchup. I want to suggest you to keep trying new air fryer meat recipes.
What to serve with round steaks?
Today’s most important question is what can be served with these eye-round steaks. These steaks are rich in proteins. That recovers your body after severe injury and exercises. Also, it maintains your body weight by reducing extra fat.
By the way, this dish is relatively healthy. But if you want to make it more attractive, add air fryer bison burgers. As well as sirloin tips air fryer is also a perfect option to serve with these. While presenting the steaks, you must use coriander leaves on the plate.
Also, shred yummy mozzarella cheese and delicious mayo on steaks. It gives an appealing look to the dish with outstanding flavors. The top crunch of steaks is fluffy and contains intense flavors. While it is juicy inside with spicy and tangy flavors.
An air fryer is the best choice for cooking these steaks. The preparation time for eye-round steaks is about 5 minutes. Rather, its cooking time is 10 minutes. Also, these steaks contain a total of 316 kilocalories. That makes it healthy enough.
You can serve it as an appetizer. Like, people actually take it to increase their appetite. But you can also serve it as a main dish. For this, you have to add one more recipe with it. Boiled eggs, loaded fries and bison burgers are primarily used for this purpose.
Can we store the leftover eye-round steaks?
Yes, of course! Storing the leftover steaks is simple. Firstly, cool down the steaks at room temperature. Then, take small size storage bags. Place the 5 steaks in each bag. And store them in the refrigerator. But still, within a week, you have to use it. Otherwise, it will lose its nutrients.
How long do round steak bites take to season?
Seasoning and marinating are the same terms. In this phase, you have to prepare a mixture by using spices. In this recipe, seasoning takes only 5 minutes. And don’t forget to cut the beef before marinating. When you cut the meat in small portions, it absorbs the spices very well.
How can we get a peppery crunch on round steaks?
You should take 1/3 tablespoon of paprika in this recipe. That contains a delightful peppery taste. Due to its addition, the top crunch of round steaks gets a peppery, fluffy texture.
Marco Bianchi, a culinary virtuoso with a flair for innovation, has made a name for himself as a celebrated chef in the United States. Born with a passion for cooking, Marco’s culinary journey began in his early years, inspired by the diverse flavors and techniques he encountered.